Dec 22, 2011

nengajo 2012

Nengajo (new year's greeting postcard) for 2012 - this year I made it 100% digital (you can see my hybrid nengajo for 2011 here).


Before I started creating the image above, I have never thought how happy it is to prepare (or, to say, to be able to prepare) the new year's greeting - in Japan, when someone in the family died, we don't send nengajo for the next year. 
I don't know if you remember, but in March, a catastrophe had occurred in Japan, and many lives were lost.

Anyway, wishing you a merry Christmas and a happy new year :)

今年の年賀状をつくりました。
去年はコラージュしたものをスキャンしたり、さらに加工したりしましたが、今回は完全にデジタルで…。

つくっていてはじめて、年賀状の準備ができることの幸せを感じました。
2012年は、どんな年になるでしょうか。

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful postcard. Your digi work is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great NENGAJO!! Not sure what the protocal is for a such a tragic event like the one in March but we must look ahead and think positive and live for those who are not with us. To make a better environment for those left behind. That's my thinking. Have a great Christmas and let's make 2012 a better year! xo

    ReplyDelete